Hello! My name is Mark King, Teaching Associate at IUP and your instructor in Comm 201: Internet & Multimedia. A little background about myself, I have my B.S. in Communications Media as well as my M.A. in Adult Education in Communications Technologies. I'm currently working on my PhD here at IUP in the Communications Media and Instructional Technology program.
I thought I'd take the time to introduce you to my nemesis as well, Theo (aka, Mr. T). He was (very) poorly selected by my girlfriend Wan-Ning from Four Footed Friends in Indiana, PA. Don't let his appearance fool you. He enjoys eating the carpet in my apartment, jumping into doors with his entire body at full speed, hanging out in kitchen cabinets, as well as, and perhaps his most favorite, is trying to eat cables and mess with all my video game equipment. Theo also thinks that all trash is edible, or at least chewable.
My interests include typical things like the NFL, poker, music, video games and photography. I am a hardcore Steelers fan and have passed this on to my girlfriend, who used to be in love with Ben Roethlisberger and claimed to be his girlfriend quite frequently, well, until recently of course. I also must admit to my hobby of honking repeatedly at people who have issues with driving properly. Also, I enjoy the occasional peanut butter and ham sandwich.
My future plans include completing my PhD and moving on to another institution of higher learning to continue my career in education. My most recent research, and the topic of my dissertation, is looking into how online political video messages vary in effectiveness based on the type of technique used to gain viewer compliance.
Here are some of the photos I've recently taken (I'm new to the world of photography)


I look forward to learning more about you with your blogs and working with you this semester :)
- Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment